I'm in LA for a couple days for a wedding. It's an intense time at work (school -- and committees! -- just starting up) so blogging has been sparse. I love my iPhone (spot traffic in LA) and have two followers on Twitter. I'm not yet aware of what the social norms are there. Do I automatically follow them too? ...
- Exploitation? Michael Moore's letter to God -- A good letter, but unseemly as everyone's evacuating? (I had the video that triggered it linked here, it was pulled so now is here.)
- The hurricane and the GOP convention -- different conclusions on the quandary from Right and Left.
- Obama takes politics back to the future -- my comment on his convention speech.
ME@TMV AUGUST 26TH
- More on C-SPAN's innovative Convention Hub -- A very cool feature. I hope C-SPAN might one day make all programs available this way.
- Jon Stewart: cable news a 'brutish, slow-witted beast' -- Howard Kurtz on Jon Stewart's Dem convention arrival. I was not as impressed by his shows from Denver as I was Colbert's from Philly.
ME@TMV AUGUST 25TH
- C-SPAN gets interactive; text messaging benefits Dems -- first post on C-SPAN's Convention Hub.
ME@TMV AUGUST 24TH
- Obamanomics: my kind of tax & spend -- I should have titled it "The Right Kind of..." It got good comments anyway.
- Bill Kristol to Hillary partisans: Put her name in for VP. (UPDATED) -- Meaningless drivel from Kristol but I thought it would get some attention. I was too late...
ME@TMV AUGUST 23RD
- China plays to win -- I set up a new YouTube account for clips from broadcast news stories. THis was the first, an excellent piece from CBS Sunday Morning.
- Why I'll be boycotting (sort of) the conventions -- anticipating that posting would be light with work and my trip to CA coming up.
- Biden w/Obama in the land of Lincoln -- Doris Kearns Goodwin on Lincoln's bi-partisan cabinet. Triggered by Joe Biden remark.
ME@TMV AUGUST 22ND
- The Accent Game -- an online game and some quotes.
- How many houses does John McCain have? -- the video. Set to "That Feist song."
ME@TMV AUGUST 21ST
- John L. Jackson Jr.'s Racial Paranoia -- Review of Brainstorm blogger's Racial Paranoia: The Unintended Consequences of Political Correctness.
- Pay for grades -- does it work? -- The jury's out. I have been wholly for it until this incisive criticism.
ME@TMV AUGUST 20TH
- Lower the drinking age to 18? -- I'm for it. Cautiously.
- Gmail Hacking Tool: it's time to be more careful -- Gmail has some new security features.
Off to the beach now. Wedding in Malibu tonight. Having a wonderful, wonderful time! I fly home tomorrow.